Who are we?
TIA AFRICA is a leading online magazine providing entertainment news, features about travel, health and wellness as well as an authoritative source for African movie and music reviews.
Our website address is: http://tiaafrica.com
What type of information do we collect and why we collect it
When you leave comments on our website, we collect the information displayed on the comments form, as well as the IP address of the user and browser user agent string to help detect spamming.
When you upload images to our website, try avoiding upload of images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) therein. Other users of the website can download and extract any location data from the images on the website.
You may save your contact information such as name, e–mail address and website in cookies whenever you decide to decide to leave a comment on our site. This ensures that you do not have to fill in those details again when you drop another comment. Be aware that these cookies will expire after one year.
We will set a temporary cookie to ascertain if your browser accepts cookies, if you have an account and whenever you log in to this site. No personal information is contained in this cook and it is discarded as soon as you close your browser.
We will also set up several cookies to save your login data and your preferred screen display options, whenever you login to our site. Be aware that login cookies expire after two days, while screen choices cookies expire after a year. However, your login will persist for two weeks, if you select the “Remember Me” option. While the login cookies will be removed, if you log out of your account.
An additional cookie will be saved in your browser, if you edit or publish an article. No personal data is contained in this cookie. It only shows the post ID of the article edited and it can only last for 1 day.
Embedded content from other websites
We use web analytics services, including third-party services such as Google Analytics, to help us understand and analyze how visitors use our Services. This may require us to collect your information, not limited to your browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address, domain name, click-activity, referring website, and/or a date/time stamp for visitors.
Who do we share your information with?
- Affiliates and Acquisitions. Your Personal Information may be shared with our affiliates (e.g., parent company, sister companies, subsidiaries, joint ventures, or other companies under common control). Kindly note that if another company acquires, or plans to acquire, our company, business, or our assets, we will also share your Personal Information with that company using appropriate safeguards, including at the negotiation stage.
- Advertising Platforms. We may share information with Advertising platforms, including Google and Social Networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Snapchat to allow us to target existing users and clients with highly relevant advertising campaigns.
- Public. Our content may provide the opportunity to post comments, or reviews, in a public forum. If you decide to give information on our services, that information may be made public.
- Other Disclosures without Your Consent. We may share your information in response to subpoenas, warrants, or court orders, or in connection with any legal process, or to comply with relevant laws. We may also share your information to establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies.
How long we retain your data
When you drop a comment, we retain the comment and its metadata indefinitely. This enables us to automatically recognize and approve any follow-up comments instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
When you register on our website (if any), we also store the personal data provided by you in your user profile. Be aware that all users can see, edit, or delete their personal data at any time (except if they cannot change their username). This information can also be seen and edited by the website administrators.
What rights you have over your data
As a user with an account on our site, or have dropped comments, you can demand an exported file of the personal information we have gathered about you, including any information you have provided to us. You can also request that we remove any personal information we hold about you. However, be aware that this does not include any data we are bound to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
How we use and process information
- It allows us to identify you when you engage with us and our services.
- It helps us provide content recommendations based on your interactions and interests.
- It allows us to make our services available to you.
- It enables us to communicate with you (e.g., about your account or updates to our terms) and to respond to inquiries related to support, employment opportunities, or other requests.
- It allows us to deliver marketing and promotional materials related to our services in accordance with applicable laws.
- It allows us to verify your entry into and eligibility to participate in contests, giveaways, or sweepstakes and inform you if you’ve won.
- It helps us to detect security incidents, and protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, including attempts to violate our policies.
How We Protect Personal Information
Kindly note that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is full secured. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information. If the law requires us to inform you of a breach to your Personal Information, we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.